5-hydroxy-tryptophan, Anti-inflammatory, Anxiety, Blueberries, Calcium, Cardio Workout, Dark Chocolate, Depression, Energy, Flax Seed, Green Tea, Healthy Diet, Healthy Eating, Healthy Foods, Insomnia, Irritability, L-tryptophan, Magnesium, Mood, Mood Boost, Moody, Omega-3, Red Wine, Salmon, Self-Improvement, Sleep, Sun, Sunlight, Turmeric, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin D
Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like saying sorry for being real.
How we live life can affect our mood. Factors such as diet, work life balance, relationships, and physical activity are directly linked to mood fluctuations. For women, our hormone cycle, is an additional catalyst.
Here are some tips on how to improve your moody self!
1. Indulge in a high protein, whole food, low carb diet. Increase your intake of anti-inflammatory foods, like dark chocolate, green tea, turmeric, red wine, and blueberries, as well as omega-3 rich foods like salmon and flax seed.
2. Take a Vitamin Supplement. Amino acid supplements, L-tryptophan and 5-hydroxy-tryptophan and vitamin B-6 can help boost serotonin production. Magnesium can help with insomnia and lower anxiety. Calcium can lessen irritability.
3. Exercise Regularly. Cardio workouts for 30 minutes three times a week can improve your mood and increase energy.
4. Sleep Well. Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night or take a short nap for 20-25 minutes in the afternoon.
5. Soak Up the Sun. Spend at least 20 minutes outside at least 3 days a week. Many of us are vitamin D deficient, which can lead to depression. Take in some sunlight without your sunglasses for a few minutes. The sunlight needs to hit your retinas in order to benefit from its anti-depressant effect.
Being moody is a normal part of life so embrace and accept your moody self!